Instagram Shopping feature has been launched last year that means in 2016 when the platform introduced shoppable for only certain brands and it’s really loved by Instagram’s 500 million daily active users. Actually, Instagram is a very attractive platform to sell products. Now, e-commerce giant Shopify is ready for its Instagram moment. Instagram and Shopify Integration will help to thousands of merchants, which will allow Instagram posts to be tagged with items for sale.
Instagram users who are interested in buying items can tap a link to view and buy it from the seller’s online store without leaving the app. Shopify notes that Instagram is already a “significant” driver of Shopify merchant store traffic, so being able to convert said traffic right on the platform instead of round-tripping could result in a big boost in additional sales.
From Shopify Blog:
Shopping on Instagram is currently in testing, and is only available to an initial group of Shopify businesses, being selected by Instagram. Once the test phase is complete, the Shopping on Instagram feature will be available to everyone.
Instagram and Shopify Integration : What you need to Know?
- When you sell on Instagram, you can tag products that appear in your Instagram posts. Customers who find your tagged products on Instagram can tap a link to view and buy a product in your online store.
To use Instagram product tagging, you need to meet a few requirements:
- You need to have products in a Facebook catalog. If you aren’t already selling on Facebook, then you can set up the Facebook sales channel and make products available to the channel to create a Facebook product catalog.
- You need to use the Online Store sales channel.
- You need a business profile on Instagram.
- The Instagram app that you are using needs to be the latest version available in the United States.
- You need to use the Instagram app from an IP address in the United States.
To sell a product by using Instagram product tagging, the product needs to meet a few requirements:
- It needs to be a physical product, so it can’t be a digital product or a service.
- It might need to meet requirements for a certain category.
- It needs to be available to the Online Store sales channel.
You can use Instagram product tagging to sell products from the following categories:
- health/beauty products
- packaged food/beverages (non-alcoholic)
- home furnishing/appliances
- sporting/outdoor goods
- office supplies
- auto parts/accessories
- musical instruments
Set up Instagram product tagging
Before you begin setting up Instagram product tagging, make sure that you have a Facebook Business account and have added products to your Facebook catalog. If you have published products to Facebook by using the Facebook sales channel, then you meet this requirement.
To change the product catalog that is connected to your Instagram business account:
- Using Instagram, open your profile and then go to your settings.
- Tap Products, and then confirm your Facebook account.
- Select the product catalog that you want to use for Instagram product tagging.
- Tap Done.
Review your Instagram connection in Shopify
After you complete the setup on Instagram, you should make sure that your Facebook page is connected to your Instagram business profile in Shopify, so that customers can buy products from your online store. On the Facebook > Account page, make sure that the name of your Instagram account appears in the Instagram account section.
If your Instagram account isn’t connected to Shopify after you’ve completed the setup, then make sure that the Facebook account that’s connected to Shopify is the same account that you authenticated on Instagram. If you need to connect a Facebook page to Shopify or change the page that’s connected, then you can do so from the Facebook page section.
Tagging products on Instagram
After you connect your Instagram business profile to your Facebook Business account, you need to wait for approval from Instagram before you can tag products. When you are approved to tag products, you will receive a notification in your Instagram business profile.
If you are Shopify user or seller then I’m sure you’ll take advantage of this feature. And I’m sure it will be available to all users soon. If you have any confusion regarding this article please feel free to ask us by dropping the comment. And don’t forget to share this topic with your social world.